Enjoy a leisurely ride through the heart of downtown Budapest and learn all about the history behind it.
Highlights and Themes
- Explore Budapest with an expert local guide.
- Learn about Hungarian history and culture
- See Inner Pest – Opera, Basilica, Parliament, view over Buda Castle
- Cafe stop with pastry included
Full Tour Description
Join a fun tour exploring the sights of the downtown along grand roads and bike pathways, learning about the city’s interesting history as we go. While it might be a little cold, Budapest is no less charming during the winter months.
After setting off from our office behind the spectacular Opera House, we’ll then cruise along Andrassy Avenue before arriving at the magnificent Heroes’ Square along the three lined boulevard. Here you learn about Hungarian history and culture before biking through the City Park to the Vajdahunyad Castle complex and Szechenyi Thermal Bath.
We will aim to get back to the city center again, and admire the St. Stephen’s Basilica. After seeing the beautiful church and square, our next stop is Liberty Square for a look at one of the city’s last Soviet relics before we make our way to the Parliament. It’s here, from the riverbank, that you’ll enjoy a stunning view of the Buda Castle District – which includes buildings such as Matthias Church, Royal Palace, and the Fisherman’s Bastion. To add color to what you’re seeing, your guide will tell you interesting facts and stories from Budapest’s past.
Next, you’ll make a stop to warm up in a cozy cafe. You’ll have the chance to taste a delicious, traditional Hungarian pastry and a coffee or a tea. Rested and relaxed, we ride back to our office through the downtown area.
Know before you book
- Distance: approx. 8 km / 5 miles, flat ride without elevation
- You must know how to ride a bike and needs be fit for continuous biking for up to 2 hours
- Tour goes in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately. We encourage you to bring hats and gloves to keep the extremities warm during colder months
- Due to Traffic Laws this tour is not suitable for children under 12 years
English speaking guide, bike hire and optional helmet, stop for a coffee or beverage with snack
Entry fees, pick-up and drop-off
Groups over 15 people please email us