- 1 Which is better river cruise Rhine or Danube?
- 2 What is the best Danube river cruise line?
- 3 Does the Danube flow through Nuremberg?
- 4 How many locks on the Danube between Budapest and Nuremberg?
- 5 What is the best month to take a European river cruise?
- 6 What is the most popular Viking cruise?
- 7 What are the top 5 river cruise lines?
- 8 What is the most beautiful river cruise?
- 9 What is the best time of year to cruise the Danube River?
- 10 Does the Danube flow through Germany?
- 11 Are the Rhine and Danube Rivers connected?
- 12 What is there to do on the Danube River cruise?
- 13 How many locks are there between Amsterdam and Budapest?
- 14 Can you sail up the Danube?
- 15 How many locks are on the Rhine River from Amsterdam to Basel?
Which is better river cruise Rhine or Danube?
While the Danube is a little more scenic than the Rhine, particularly along Austria’s Wachau Valley, both rivers have relatively flat bike paths that stretch for miles. Wine lovers will also enjoy both itineraries.
What is the best Danube river cruise line?
In our opinion, the following companies are the very best luxury river cruise lines in Europe:
- Crystal River Cruises.
- Tauck River Cruises.
- Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection.
- Scenic River Cruises.
- Viking River Cruises.
Does the Danube flow through Nuremberg?
Flowing through Central and Eastern Europe, the Danube is the second longest river in Europe. It spans for 1,777 miles from Germany to Ukraine. Some itineraries include Nuremberg, which is located on the Main- Danube Canal and the Pegnitz River.
How many locks on the Danube between Budapest and Nuremberg?
The canal, one of the largest civil engineering projects ever undertaken, has a total of 16 locks, each about 190 metres (625 feet) long, 12 metres (40 feet) wide, and up to 30 metres (100 feet) deep.
What is the best month to take a European river cruise?
The European River cruising season runs from March through December, though the best time to take a river cruise in Europe is during the late spring (April-May) or early fall (September- October ).
What is the most popular Viking cruise?
- #1. Viking Orion. Viking Ocean Cruises. #1 in Best Viking Cruises (tie)
- #1. Viking Sun. Viking Ocean Cruises. #1 in Best Viking Cruises (tie)
- #3. Viking Sea. Viking Ocean Cruises. #3 in Best Viking Cruises (tie)
- #3. Viking Star. Viking Ocean Cruises.
- #3. Viking Sky. Viking Ocean Cruises.
- #6. Viking Jupiter. Viking Ocean Cruises.
What are the top 5 river cruise lines?
Top 5 Best River Cruise Lines
- Crystal River Cruises.
- Viking River Cruises.
- American Queen Steamboat Company.
- Uniworld Boutique River Cruises.
What is the most beautiful river cruise?
10 Best River Cruises around the World
- Douro Cruise.
- Mississippi River Cruise.
- Kerala Backwaters Cruise.
- Volga River Cruise.
- Rhine River Cruise.
- Mekong River Cruise.
- Danube River Cruise.
- Yangtze River Cruise.
What is the best time of year to cruise the Danube River?
The Danube River is a charming destination to visit at almost any time of the year, though most travel experts agree the that best times to take a Danube cruise are Spring (April and May) and Fall (September and October).
Does the Danube flow through Germany?
The longest river in the European Union, the Danube River is the second-longest river in Europe after Russia’s Volga. It begins in the Black Forest region of Germany and runs through 10 countries ( Germany, Austria, Slovakia, Hungary, Croatia, Serbia, Romania, Bulgaria, Moldova and Ukraine) on its way to the Black Sea.
Are the Rhine and Danube Rivers connected?
The Rhine –Main– Danube Canal (German: Rhein -Main-Donau-Kanal; also called Main- Danube Canal, RMD Canal or Europa Canal), in Bavaria, Germany, connects the Main and the Danube rivers across the European Watershed, running from Bamberg via Nuremberg to Kelheim.
What is there to do on the Danube River cruise?
- Budapest, Hungary. When people think of the Danube River, one of the first things to come to mind is probably an image of Budapest.
- Vienna, Austria. Vienna is the epitome of European class and grace.
- Passau, Germany.
- Bratislava, Slovakia.
- Melk Abbey, Austria.
- The Iron Gates.
- Esztergom Cathedral, Hungary.
- Regensburg, Germany.
How many locks are there between Amsterdam and Budapest?
The 68 River Locks from Budapest to Amsterdam.
Can you sail up the Danube?
You can go up the Rhine and down the Danube, there has been a canal linking the two for several years now, Currents are the biggest challenge, you need a reasonably powerful motor for the upstream part especially in the spring. It depends at what time of year you plan to do it.
How many locks are on the Rhine River from Amsterdam to Basel?
Amsterdam to Basel ( Rhine ): 14 locks.