- 1 Where do the Rhine and Danube rivers meet?
- 2 What river runs from Amsterdam to Budapest?
- 3 What is the best month for a Rhine River cruise?
- 4 Where do Rhine River cruises start?
- 5 Are the Rhine and Rhône rivers connected?
- 6 Which sea does the Rhine River meet?
- 7 What is the most luxurious river cruise line?
- 8 What is the best month to take a European river cruise?
- 9 What is the best river cruise line?
- 10 Is it worth the money to get a balcony on a cruise?
- 11 Which is better Viking or AmaWaterways?
- 12 Are river cruises worth the money?
- 13 Will I get seasick on a river cruise?
- 14 What do you wear on a Rhine River cruise?
- 15 Which four countries are visited on the Rhine River cruise?
Where do the Rhine and Danube rivers meet?
Rhine- Main-Danube Canal – Google My Maps. The Rhine–Main–Danube Canal (German: Rhein-Main-Donau-Kanal; also called Main-Danube Canal, RMD Canal or Europa Canal ), located in Bavaria, Germany, connects the Main and the Danube rivers across the European Watershed, running from Bamberg via Nuremberg to Kelheim.
What river runs from Amsterdam to Budapest?
Enjoy an European river cruise on the Danube river that starts in Amsterdam and ends in Budapest. The capital of the Netherlands is a great starting point with plenty of canals to explore on your way to the Anne Frank House or to the Van Gogh museum.
What is the best month for a Rhine River cruise?
Best Time to Visit the Regions
|Location||Best Time to Travel|
|Cologne||May, June, July, August, and September|
|Rotterdam||June, July, August, and September|
|Strasbourg||May, June, July, August, and September|
Where do Rhine River cruises start?
Seven-night Rhine River cruises: Seven-night / eight-day cruises typically run from Amsterdam (after an overnight onboard) to Basel via Cologne, Koblenz, the Rhine Gorge, Rudesheim, Mannheim and Strasbourg.
Are the Rhine and Rhône rivers connected?
The Canal du Rhône au Rhin is one of the important watershed canals of the French waterways, connecting the Rhine to the Saône and the Rhône and thereby the North Sea and the Mediterranean.
Which sea does the Rhine River meet?
The river begins in the Swiss canton of Graubünden in the southeastern Swiss Alps, forms part of the Swiss-Liechtenstein, Swiss-Austrian, Swiss-German and then the Franco-German border, then flows through the German Rhineland and the Netherlands and eventually empties into the North Sea.
What is the most luxurious river cruise line?
In our opinion, the following companies are the very best luxury river cruise lines in Europe:
- Crystal River Cruises.
- Tauck River Cruises.
- Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection.
- Scenic River Cruises.
- Viking River Cruises.
What is the best month to take a European river cruise?
The European River cruising season runs from March through December, though the best time to take a river cruise in Europe is during the late spring (April-May) or early fall (September- October ).
What is the best river cruise line?
The top 10 winners in the category Best River Cruise Line are as follows:
- Viking River Cruises.
- Avalon Waterways.
- Uniworld Boutique River Cruises.
- American Cruise Lines.
- Riviera River Cruises.
- European Waterways.
- American Queen Steamboat Company.
Is it worth the money to get a balcony on a cruise?
A few years ago, he says, “you’d be paying double to get a balcony.” Now, cabins with balconies on a standard, seven-day cruise generally cost $100 more than those with a window, and between $150 and $200 more than a stateroom inside the ship. And a balcony may not matter much to them.
Which is better Viking or AmaWaterways?
AmaWaterways is a wonderful pick for passengers who want to be active or travel with children as well as those who want more amenities onboard. Viking is a good choice for passengers who desire adults-only vacations that include immersive port experiences.
Are river cruises worth the money?
Most river cruises are not a good choice for families or for people who enjoy extensive on-board entertainment. The daily costs for these trips generally are higher than for ocean-going cruises, although that is not always the case.
Will I get seasick on a river cruise?
It’s extremely rare for anyone to get seasick on a river cruise. First, there are virtually no waves on a river. Sure, it can get windy, but waves and rocking are almost non-existent. If your river ship is tied up in port at night, you might experience a slightly gentle sway now and then when a cargo boat goes past.
What do you wear on a Rhine River cruise?
1) Think casual. During the day, cruisers dress casually and comfortably. At dinner, most women wear tops and slacks (or dresses); men opt for casual (or collared) shirts with long trousers. River cruises have no “formal nights” although some people dress up (evening casual) for a farewell or Captain’s dinner.
Which four countries are visited on the Rhine River cruise?
- DAY 1. BASEL, SWITZERLAND. Activities Highlights:
- DAY 2. STRASBOURG, FRANCE. Activities Highlights:
- DAY 3. STRASBOURG, FRANCE. Activities Highlights:
- DAY 4. MANNHEIM, GERMANY. Activities Highlights:
- DAY 5. RÜDESHEIM, GERMANY.
- DAY 6. COLOGNE, GERMANY.
- DAY 7. AMSTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS.
- DAY 8. AMSTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS.