- 1 Where do the river cruise ships dock in Budapest?
- 2 What is included in a Crystal River cruise?
- 3 What is the best time of year to take a Danube River cruise?
- 4 What is the best Danube river cruise line?
- 5 What hotel does Viking use in Budapest?
- 6 How long are river cruises in port?
- 7 What is the dress code on Crystal River Cruises?
- 8 Is it worth getting a balcony on a cruise ship?
- 9 Are drinks free on Crystal Cruises?
- 10 What is the best month to take a European river cruise?
- 11 What do I need to know about the Danube River cruise?
- 12 What are the best months to cruise?
- 13 What are the top 5 river cruise lines?
- 14 What is the most beautiful river cruise?
- 15 Are river cruises worth the money?
Where do the river cruise ships dock in Budapest?
Cruise boats arriving in Budapest dock on the PEST side of the river, a few minutes away from city centre hotels. Ships tie up at Belgrad Rakpart Port (Mahart – International Passenger or Drava Street Port ) usually between the Liberty (Szabadság) and Chain (Széchenyi) bridges. There are plenty of docking positions.
What is included in a Crystal River cruise?
Crystal River Cruises Fares include beverages including fine wines, champagne, premium spirits and all non-alcoholic beverages such as bottled water, soft drinks and specialty coffees; gratuities for housekeeping, dining and bar staff; personal Butler service; airport transfers to and from the River Ship, choice of one
What is the best time of year to take a Danube River cruise?
The Danube River is a charming destination to visit at almost any time of the year, though most travel experts agree the that best times to take a Danube cruise are Spring (April and May) and Fall (September and October).
What is the best Danube river cruise line?
In our opinion, the following companies are the very best luxury river cruise lines in Europe:
- Crystal River Cruises.
- Tauck River Cruises.
- Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection.
- Scenic River Cruises.
- Viking River Cruises.
What hotel does Viking use in Budapest?
On this 10-day itinerary, Viking includes a two-day post-cruise stay at the Budapest Hilton as part of the overall journey.
How long are river cruises in port?
A river cruise can be defined as: Usually there are several port stops over the course of each passage. Typical river cruises often last longer than a week. Carry anywhere from 100 to 250 guests, depending on the ship size.
What is the dress code on Crystal River Cruises?
Dress Code is Crystal Casual (suggested white attire). For your convenience, the recommended dress code for each evening of your cruise is listed in the daily itinerary section of the Priority Check–in & Planning Center (PCPC) accessible at crystalcruises.com.
Is it worth getting a balcony on a cruise ship?
A few years ago, he says, “you’d be paying double to get a balcony.” Now, cabins with balconies on a standard, seven-day cruise generally cost $100 more than those with a window, and between $150 and $200 more than a stateroom inside the ship. And a balcony may not matter much to them.
Are drinks free on Crystal Cruises?
Are free drinks available onboard Crystal cruises? Crystal has an all-inclusive policy and offers complimentary fine wines, premium spirits and beer throughout the ship, open bar service in all lounges and prepaid gratuities for bar staff.
What is the best month to take a European river cruise?
The European River cruising season runs from March through December, though the best time to take a river cruise in Europe is during the late spring (April-May) or early fall (September- October ).
What do I need to know about the Danube River cruise?
Five Things You Should Know About Danube River Cruises
- You’re Going To Be Docked In Weird Places.
- Say Hello To Your Ship Neighbours.
- The Eastern Danube Is Very Different From The West.
- Prime Attractions Are Crowded At Peak Times.
- You’re Going To Learn To Love Locks.
What are the best months to cruise?
You’ve got a better chance for warm weather if you travel from late June through early September. However, if you’re interested in foliage viewing, you’ll need to go in early to mid-October. May and late October sailings will offer the lowest rates, but don’t expect to be using the onboard swimming pool much.
What are the top 5 river cruise lines?
Top 5 Best River Cruise Lines
- Crystal River Cruises.
- Viking River Cruises.
- American Queen Steamboat Company.
- Uniworld Boutique River Cruises.
What is the most beautiful river cruise?
10 Best River Cruises around the World
- Douro Cruise.
- Mississippi River Cruise.
- Kerala Backwaters Cruise.
- Volga River Cruise.
- Rhine River Cruise.
- Mekong River Cruise.
- Danube River Cruise.
- Yangtze River Cruise.
Are river cruises worth the money?
Most river cruises are not a good choice for families or for people who enjoy extensive on-board entertainment. The daily costs for these trips generally are higher than for ocean-going cruises, although that is not always the case.