- 1 Where do the river cruise ships dock in Budapest?
- 2 How long are river cruises in port?
- 3 What is the best time of year to take a Danube River cruise?
- 4 What is the best Danube river cruise line?
- 5 What hotel does Viking use in Budapest?
- 6 Where does AmaWaterways dock in Amsterdam?
- 7 Do European river cruises travel at night?
- 8 What do you do on a river cruise?
- 9 What is the longest river cruise?
- 10 What is the best month to take a European river cruise?
- 11 What is the best month to cruise the Rhine River?
- 12 What do I need to know about the Danube River cruise?
- 13 What are the top 5 river cruise lines?
- 14 Which is better Rhine or Danube cruise?
- 15 Which is better Viking or AmaWaterways?
Where do the river cruise ships dock in Budapest?
Cruise boats arriving in Budapest dock on the PEST side of the river, a few minutes away from city centre hotels. Ships tie up at Belgrad Rakpart Port (Mahart – International Passenger or Drava Street Port ) usually between the Liberty (Szabadság) and Chain (Széchenyi) bridges. There are plenty of docking positions.
How long are river cruises in port?
A river cruise can be defined as: Usually there are several port stops over the course of each passage. Typical river cruises often last longer than a week. Carry anywhere from 100 to 250 guests, depending on the ship size.
What is the best time of year to take a Danube River cruise?
The Danube River is a charming destination to visit at almost any time of the year, though most travel experts agree the that best times to take a Danube cruise are Spring (April and May) and Fall (September and October).
What is the best Danube river cruise line?
In our opinion, the following companies are the very best luxury river cruise lines in Europe:
- Crystal River Cruises.
- Tauck River Cruises.
- Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection.
- Scenic River Cruises.
- Viking River Cruises.
What hotel does Viking use in Budapest?
On this 10-day itinerary, Viking includes a two-day post-cruise stay at the Budapest Hilton as part of the overall journey.
Where does AmaWaterways dock in Amsterdam?
Your Viking, AmaWaterways, Avalon Waterways or Uniworld river cruise port is behind Central Station on the River Ij, putting you right in the heart of Amsterdam. The port terminals are well-equipped.
Do European river cruises travel at night?
River cruising consists of three main activities: dining, cruising and touring. Cruising from one destination to the next often takes place at night while passengers are sleeping, but sometimes the cruises will also sail during the day, giving passengers an opportunity to relax or enjoy the scenery.
What do you do on a river cruise?
11 Things You Didn’t Know You Could Do on a River Cruise
- You can live in a floating boutique hotel.
- Unpack your suitcase once.
- Enjoy a leisurely brunch every day.
- Let loose at a silent disco.
- Complimentary yoga and TRX classes.
- Eat locally inspired farm-to-table cuisine.
- Drink bespoke cocktails & take mixology classes.
- Glamp on a rooftop deck.
What is the longest river cruise?
AmaWaterways announced they’ve put together the longest-ever river cruise which takes guests on a tour of 14 unique countries over 46 days. AmaWaterways ‘ Seven River Journey Through Europe will take passengers along Europe’s most famous rivers with a special focus on history, cultural traditions, and architecture.
What is the best month to take a European river cruise?
The European River cruising season runs from March through December, though the best time to take a river cruise in Europe is during the late spring (April-May) or early fall (September- October ).
What is the best month to cruise the Rhine River?
Best Time to Visit the Regions
|Location||Best Time to Travel|
|Cologne||May, June, July, August, and September|
|Rotterdam||June, July, August, and September|
|Strasbourg||May, June, July, August, and September|
What do I need to know about the Danube River cruise?
Five Things You Should Know About Danube River Cruises
- You’re Going To Be Docked In Weird Places.
- Say Hello To Your Ship Neighbours.
- The Eastern Danube Is Very Different From The West.
- Prime Attractions Are Crowded At Peak Times.
- You’re Going To Learn To Love Locks.
What are the top 5 river cruise lines?
Top 5 Best River Cruise Lines
- Crystal River Cruises.
- Viking River Cruises.
- American Queen Steamboat Company.
- Uniworld Boutique River Cruises.
Which is better Rhine or Danube cruise?
While the Danube is a little more scenic than the Rhine, particularly along Austria’s Wachau Valley, both rivers have relatively flat bike paths that stretch for miles. Wine lovers will also enjoy both itineraries.
Which is better Viking or AmaWaterways?
AmaWaterways is a wonderful pick for passengers who want to be active or travel with children as well as those who want more amenities onboard. Viking is a good choice for passengers who desire adults-only vacations that include immersive port experiences.