- 1 Is December a good time to visit Budapest?
- 2 Is there snow in Budapest in December?
- 3 What clothes to wear in Budapest in December?
- 4 Is Budapest good in December?
- 5 Is Budapest nice at Christmas?
- 6 Does Budapest have a Christmas market?
- 7 Is it safe to walk around Budapest at night?
- 8 What date do the Christmas markets start in Budapest?
- 9 Is Budapest expensive for tourists?
- 10 How do I get from Budapest airport to city Centre?
- 11 What currency do I take to Budapest?
- 12 What should I wear in Hungary?
- 13 Where should a first time tourist stay in Budapest?
- 14 What is there to do in Budapest at Christmas?
- 15 Are the thermal baths in Budapest open in December?
Is December a good time to visit Budapest?
The best times to visit Budapest are from March to May and September through November. These shoulder seasons are when the weather is idyllic and the city isn’t overcrowded with tourists. However, the climate is always relatively mild, with temperatures rarely exceeding bearable levels.
Is there snow in Budapest in December?
December is one of the coldest months of the year in Budapest, Hungary. During this month, expect very cold weather conditions and a frosty biting wind. Snowfall is frequent but not that heavy. The days are shortest and the nights are longest at this time.
What clothes to wear in Budapest in December?
What to Wear in Budapest in Winter
- Wear layers. Don’t be afraid to throw some base layers under your main clothing.
- Bring winter boots with a good grip. Unfortunately, the city isn’t the best at clearing and de-icing sidewalks, which means they can get slippery.
- Wear a long coat.
Is Budapest good in December?
And Budapest in december does what it does best: promising you an unforgettable experience of festivals, ice-skating in a fairy-tale setting, Christmas markets and magical tram rides that only this city can offer.
Is Budapest nice at Christmas?
From fairy lights to wooden ornaments, from spiced mulled wine to roasted chimney cake, Budapest is a wonderfully festive place to celebrate the Christmas holidays. For a fun few days of festive celebrations and sightseeing, follow my ‘ Christmas in Budapest ‘ itinerary below!
Does Budapest have a Christmas market?
The Hungarian capital is teeming with tinkling market stalls and majestic architecture, so you’ve really got it all at your fingertips during a Budapest Christmas market break. Enjoy a cup of mulled wine, a bite of sweet chimney cake and a dash of festive cheer.
Is it safe to walk around Budapest at night?
As a general rule, any street that isn’t well-lit or seems dodgy is not going to be safe. If you avoid these areas and stick with a group, Budapest can be safe at night. Just make sure to keep your eyes open and stay aware of your surroundings.
What date do the Christmas markets start in Budapest?
Last year, in the online voting of the European Best Destinations, the series of events chosen as the most beautiful Christmas market in Europe awaits its visitors from November 20 until the first day of the new year in front of St. Stephen’s Basilica in one of the most impressive squares of the Hungarian capital.
Is Budapest expensive for tourists?
Depending on your needs, Budapest can be extremely affordable. If you’re on a budget you can visit the city with just as little as 10.000 forints a day excluding accommodation. From this budget you will get access to public transportation and have some simple, but delicious Hungarian meals.
How do I get from Budapest airport to city Centre?
The most convenient way to get to the city centre is by hiring a Budapest airport taxi. Though it will cost approximately 26€ (8045 HUF), it will only take 35 minutes to reach your destination. The alternative cheaper option is the bus.
What currency do I take to Budapest?
The official currency is the Hungarian Forint (HUF) in Hungary. However you can pay with Euros at several places The hungarian banks offer better exchange rates than the foreign ones, so it’s better to exchange money in Budapest than getting Hungarian Forints abroad
What should I wear in Hungary?
It is very much a typical European style of dress so casual or smart casual will work well. Jeans are always popular and, teamed with lighter layers for the summer (e.g. camisoles or t-shirt) and warmer ones for the winter (try a long-sleeved top with a sweater), they will serve as a versatile base to your wardrobe.
Where should a first time tourist stay in Budapest?
The 6 Best Neighborhoods in Budapest for Tourists
- Castle District. The historic Castle District encompasses the hilly area on the Buda, or west bank side of the Danube River.
- Belváros & Parliament.
- Jewish Quarter.
- Óbuda & Margaret Island.
- Palace District.
- City Park & Around.
What is there to do in Budapest at Christmas?
10 things to do in Budapest during winter
- Christmas markets. The Christmas market on St.
- City Park Ice Rink.
- Basilica light show.
- Spas and thermal baths.
- Hungarian State Opera House.
- Christmas light tram.
- River Danube Cruise.
- Ruin bars.
Are the thermal baths in Budapest open in December?
Szechenyi Baths is open in winter months, making the thermal bath and pools one of the major attractions and winter things to do in Budapest, Hungary. Not only the indoor, but also the outdoor pools are open in winter.