- 1 How long is the train ride from Berlin to Budapest?
- 2 Can I travel from Budapest to Berlin?
- 3 What do I need to know before going to Budapest?
- 4 What is the distance between Berlin and Budapest?
- 5 How many days do you need in Budapest?
- 6 Where can I go by train from Berlin?
- 7 How do I get from Budapest to Prague?
- 8 How do you get from Vienna to Budapest?
- 9 Is Budapest a walkable city?
- 10 Is Budapest or Prague better?
- 11 Is it safe to walk around Budapest at night?
- 12 How far is Berlin from Hungary?
How long is the train ride from Berlin to Budapest?
The average journey time by train between Berlin and Budapest is 14 hours and 47 minutes, with around 18 trains per day.
Can I travel from Budapest to Berlin?
You can travel from Budapest to Berlin on ÖBB trains. When you search for times and tickets, we might also show you some other options with multiple connections or operators if they’re available.
What do I need to know before going to Budapest?
- How to pronounce Budapest.
- Budapest is safe and you’re unlikely to be hassled.
- Validate your metro ticket.
- It’s cheaper to buy your bus/tram ticket before you board.
- Pedestrians have priority on crossings.
- Pay in Forints, not Euros.
- Budapest is very English-friendly.
- Don’t clink your glasses together.
What is the distance between Berlin and Budapest?
Distance between Budapest and Berlin is 688 kilometers (428 miles ). Driving distance from Budapest to Berlin is 875 kilometers (544 miles ).
How many days do you need in Budapest?
If you are wondering how many days in Budapest you need, two days is adequate to see the whole city, as long as you’re efficient. Three days will allow you to get to more of the top attractions at a slower pace. You can add a fourth day if you want plenty of time to relax.
Where can I go by train from Berlin?
5 day trips from Berlin by train
- Potsdam. Just 30 mins from the city centre by train, the peace and quiet of Potsdam is a welcome break from busy Berlin.
- Pfaueninsel Island, Berlin. Just 15 mins from Berlin city centre by train, it’s hard to find a more tranquil spot than Pfaueninsel.
- Tropical Islands Resort, Krausnick.
- Spreewald, Lübbenau.
How do I get from Budapest to Prague?
All Budapest to Prague trains are run by České Dráhy. All Budapest to Prague trains are direct, depart from Budapest Keleti train station and arrive at Prague’s hlavní nádraží train station. Journey Time: The Budapest to Prague train journey takes as little as 6 hours and 43 minutes to arrive in Prague.
How do you get from Vienna to Budapest?
It takes an average of 3h 31m to travel from Budapest to Vienna by train, over a distance of around 133 miles (214 km). There are normally 20 trains per day travelling from Budapest to Vienna and tickets for this journey start from €14.90 when you book in advance.
Is Budapest a walkable city?
As previous posters noted, it’s a very walkable city. Budapest is incredibly walkable, though, as has been pointed out, the metro can be a time saver.
Is Budapest or Prague better?
If you are short on time, Prague will be the better choice seeing as it’s a smaller, walkable city with better day trip options. If you have a little more time and happen to love food, Budapest will give you a few more options to fill your days, plus, the thermal spas are world-class.
Is it safe to walk around Budapest at night?
As a general rule, any street that isn’t well-lit or seems dodgy is not going to be safe. If you avoid these areas and stick with a group, Budapest can be safe at night. Just make sure to keep your eyes open and stay aware of your surroundings.
How far is Berlin from Hungary?
The distance between Berlin and Hungary is 737 km.