- 1 What hotel does Viking use in Budapest?
- 2 Where do Viking River cruise ships dock in Budapest?
- 3 How do I get the best deal on a Viking River cruise?
- 4 Which is better Uniworld or Viking cruises?
- 5 Where does Viking river cruise dock in Moscow?
- 6 Where does Viking river cruise dock in St Petersburg?
- 7 Does Viking cruises have last minute deals?
- 8 What is the cheapest river cruise?
- 9 Are Viking River Cruises Worth the money?
- 10 Is Viking a luxury cruise line?
- 11 What is the highest rated river cruise line?
- 12 Which is better Viking or Tauck?
What hotel does Viking use in Budapest?
On this 10-day itinerary, Viking includes a two-day post-cruise stay at the Budapest Hilton as part of the overall journey.
Where do Viking River cruise ships dock in Budapest?
Cruise boats arriving in Budapest dock on the PEST side of the river, a few minutes away from city centre hotels. Ships tie up at Belgrad Rakpart Port (Mahart – International Passenger or Drava Street Port ) usually between the Liberty (Szabadság) and Chain (Széchenyi) bridges. There are plenty of docking positions.
How do I get the best deal on a Viking River cruise?
Here are nine tips to help you get the best value out of your river cruise:
- Book early for selection or book late for discounts.
- Ask questions about what’s included.
- Consider opting for a “French balcony” for more space.
- Compare apples to apples.
- You can save by booking a lower deck cabin.
- Organize a group and save.
Which is better Uniworld or Viking cruises?
While Viking is better known for being in the public eye and is the largest cruise line in Europe, Uniworld has been around for longer. Both lines sail on all the popular rivers of Europe, and further afield, including Russia, Egypt and Asia.
Where does Viking river cruise dock in Moscow?
In Moscow, river cruise ships typically tie up at Moscow’s North Pier, which is some distance from most major attractions.
Where does Viking river cruise dock in St Petersburg?
Your ship is docked at the Viking Pier located between the Elizabeth Bridge and the Chain Bridge on the Pest side of the city. The docking location is at Magdeburg Pier.
Does Viking cruises have last minute deals?
If you’ve been a reader of our website and newsletter, you’re certain to know that we’ve been offering our clients and readers a fairly stable diet of last – minute, unadvertised specials on Viking River Cruises over the past year.
What is the cheapest river cruise?
Best Budget River Cruise Lines
- Gate 1 Travel. What it is: An American tour operator, Gate 1 Travel offers river cruises on ships that it owns and charters.
- A-Rosa. What it is: A-Rosa is a German river cruise line that has opened bookings for Americans in recent years.
- Emerald Waterways.
- Vantage Deluxe World Travel.
Are Viking River Cruises Worth the money?
At the end of the day, when it comes to river cruising, you get what you pay for. Viking is certainly not the cheapest option on the water, but, they may just be the best. It may take a bit longer to save for a Viking cruise, but, it is definitely worth it – because YOU are worth it!
Is Viking a luxury cruise line?
Cruise Fever fans named Viking “Best Luxury Cruise Line ” in the 2017 Cruise Fever Fan Awards.
What is the highest rated river cruise line?
Below, the reasons why, plus the full list of the best river cruise lines as voted by T+L readers.
- Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection.
- Aqua Expeditions.
- Delfin Amazon Cruises.
- Vantage Deluxe World Travel.
- AmaWaterways. Dining room on an AmaWaterways river cruise ship.
Which is better Viking or Tauck?
Viking has more weeklong cruises than Tauck and sails in more places and on more dates. If you want flexibility, the line is hard to beat. Choose Tauck if you like a more intimate ship. Having fewer people on the same size ship does make a difference in terms of seating, service and overall vibe.