- 1 How far is it from Amsterdam to Budapest by river?
- 2 What river flows from Amsterdam to Budapest?
- 3 What is the best time of year to take a Danube River cruise?
- 4 What is the best time to river cruise in Europe?
- 5 What is the best river cruise line?
- 6 How many locks are there between Amsterdam and Budapest?
- 7 What is the cheapest European river cruise?
- 8 Will Viking River Cruises sail in 2021?
- 9 Which are the best river cruises in Europe?
- 10 Which is the most scenic river cruise in Europe?
- 11 What are the best months to cruise?
- 12 What is the best time to go on a river cruise?
- 13 Is it worth getting a balcony on a cruise?
- 14 Do European river cruises travel at night?
- 15 Are river cruises expensive?
How far is it from Amsterdam to Budapest by river?
713 miles / 1147.46 km / 619.58 nautical miles.
What river flows from Amsterdam to Budapest?
River Cruise Tours from Amsterdam to Budapest Enjoy an European river cruise on the Danube river that starts in Amsterdam and ends in Budapest. The capital of the Netherlands is a great starting point with plenty of canals to explore on your way to the Anne Frank House or to the Van Gogh museum.
What is the best time of year to take a Danube River cruise?
The Danube River is a charming destination to visit at almost any time of the year, though most travel experts agree the that best times to take a Danube cruise are Spring (April and May) and Fall (September and October).
What is the best time to river cruise in Europe?
Best Times to Take European River Cruises The European River cruising season runs from March through December, though the best time to take a river cruise in Europe is during the late spring (April-May) or early fall (September-October).
What is the best river cruise line?
The top 10 winners in the category Best River Cruise Line are as follows:
- Viking River Cruises.
- Avalon Waterways.
- Uniworld Boutique River Cruises.
- American Cruise Lines.
- Riviera River Cruises.
- European Waterways.
- American Queen Steamboat Company.
How many locks are there between Amsterdam and Budapest?
The 68 River Locks from Budapest to Amsterdam.
What is the cheapest European river cruise?
5 Budget European River Cruises
- Essence of the Elbe: Berlin to Prague. $ 2,095 13-days trip. Add to Bucket List.
- Pleasant Portugal – Porto and the Douro Valley. $ 1,447 6-days trip. Add to Bucket List.
- Romantic Danube. $ 1,999 8-days trip. Add to Bucket List.
- Romance of the Rhine and Mosel. $ 3,195 16-days trip.
- Danube Discovery Cruise. $ 3,499 15-days trip.
Will Viking River Cruises sail in 2021?
Los Angeles (March 16, 2021 ) – Viking ® ( www. viking.com ) announced today that it will restart limited operations in May 2021 with three special sailings along the coast of England.
Which are the best river cruises in Europe?
The Best European River Cruises (Video)
- Viking River Cruise in Portugal. Credit: Courtesy of Viking River Cruises.
- Viking River Cruise state room.
- Salamanca, Spain.
- Uniworld river cruise along the Danube.
- Uniworld river cruise luxury suite.
- Uniworld river cruise pool.
- Cologne, Germany.
- Crystal Cruise vista bar.
Which is the most scenic river cruise in Europe?
6 of the best European luxury river cruise lines
- Crystal River Cruises. Crystal took the world of river cruising by storm in 2016 when they blazed into the market, bringing their exacting ocean standards to European river cruising for the first time.
- Tauck River Cruises.
- Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection.
- Scenic River Cruises.
- Viking River Cruises.
What are the best months to cruise?
You’ve got a better chance for warm weather if you travel from late June through early September. However, if you’re interested in foliage viewing, you’ll need to go in early to mid-October. May and late October sailings will offer the lowest rates, but don’t expect to be using the onboard swimming pool much.
What is the best time to go on a river cruise?
Mid-June through August marks the peak of the river cruise travel season. The weather is warm, sunny (even in the UK) and the kids are out of school. Peak season brings the largest crowds and the highest package prices. 5
Is it worth getting a balcony on a cruise?
A few years ago, he says, “you’d be paying double to get a balcony.” Now, cabins with balconies on a standard, seven-day cruise generally cost $100 more than those with a window, and between $150 and $200 more than a stateroom inside the ship. And a balcony may not matter much to them.
Do European river cruises travel at night?
River cruising consists of three main activities: dining, cruising and touring. Cruising from one destination to the next often takes place at night while passengers are sleeping, but sometimes the cruises will also sail during the day, giving passengers an opportunity to relax or enjoy the scenery.
Are river cruises expensive?
Expect to spend $2,500 and up per person. But while river cruises are pricey, they can be quite a bargain when compared to other means of exploring Europe. No having to rent a car, book hotel rooms and pay for meals and tours. Nearly all river cruises include these components.