- 1 Is Uniworld better than Viking?
- 2 Has Uniworld Cancelled any river cruises?
- 3 Which is better river cruise Rhine or Danube?
- 4 What should I wear on a European river cruise in October?
- 5 What is the highest rated river cruise line?
- 6 What is the most luxurious river cruise line?
- 7 What is the newest Uniworld ship?
- 8 What is U by Uniworld?
- 9 What is the best month to take a European river cruise?
- 10 What is the average age on a Viking River cruise?
- 11 What is the best month to cruise the Rhine River?
- 12 What is the difference between a French balcony and a veranda?
- 13 How do you pack for a European river cruise?
- 14 Is there a dress code on Viking River Cruises?
Is Uniworld better than Viking?
While Viking is better known for being in the public eye and is the largest cruise line in Europe, Uniworld has been around for longer. Both lines sail on all the popular rivers of Europe, and further afield, including Russia, Egypt and Asia.
Has Uniworld Cancelled any river cruises?
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, Uniworld suspended its entire fleet’s passenger shipping operations (all European riverboats) canceling all voyages with pre-scheduled departures March 14, 2020, through early-July 2021 (fleetwide, including U by Uniworld ). All affected bookings were fully refunded.
Which is better river cruise Rhine or Danube?
While the Danube is a little more scenic than the Rhine, particularly along Austria’s Wachau Valley, both rivers have relatively flat bike paths that stretch for miles. Wine lovers will also enjoy both itineraries.
What should I wear on a European river cruise in October?
River Cruising in Fall – When packing for river cruise in Europe in the Fall, add in a few warmer layers like long sleeved tees, cardigans, leggings. A light waterproof layer like this is a must. In late Fall, a packable lightweight down jacket like this is also very useful to have in case of cold days.
What is the highest rated river cruise line?
Below, the reasons why, plus the full list of the best river cruise lines as voted by T+L readers.
- Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection.
- Aqua Expeditions.
- Delfin Amazon Cruises.
- Vantage Deluxe World Travel.
- AmaWaterways. Dining room on an AmaWaterways river cruise ship.
What is the most luxurious river cruise line?
In our opinion, the following companies are the very best luxury river cruise lines in Europe:
- Crystal River Cruises.
- Tauck River Cruises.
- Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection.
- Scenic River Cruises.
- Viking River Cruises.
What is the newest Uniworld ship?
S.S. Satet, Egypt – Uniworld will be launching its newest ship on the Nile river on January 6, 2020. Named after the goddess of the Nile, the S.S. Satet will offer three dining venues, including a private dining room and an al fresco dining experience on the upper deck, a swimming pool, massage room, and 42 suites.
What is U by Uniworld?
From ship design to excursions, food to cocktails, this is river cruising reimagined. Amsterdam & Brussels Bound.
What is the best month to take a European river cruise?
The European River cruising season runs from March through December, though the best time to take a river cruise in Europe is during the late spring (April-May) or early fall (September- October ).
What is the average age on a Viking River cruise?
average age 70 and older.
What is the best month to cruise the Rhine River?
Best Time to Visit the Regions
|Location||Best Time to Travel|
|Cologne||May, June, July, August, and September|
|Rotterdam||June, July, August, and September|
|Strasbourg||May, June, July, August, and September|
What is the difference between a French balcony and a veranda?
Basic difference between a Verandah Stateroom and a French Balcony: the sliding glass door is still there but there is not balcony. Also the interior space is less. French Balconies are 135 square feet while Veranda staterooms are 205 square feet. Deck two features the balconies that are closest to the water.
How do you pack for a European river cruise?
But here are my tips for what to pack for a river cruise in Europe after going on 4 such cruises myself. River cruise clothing (for women)
- 1 pair of stretchy jeans.
- 1 pair of long leggings.
- 1 pair of capris/shorter leggings.
- 1 pair of shorts.
- 5 short-sleeved tops.
- 2 tank tops.
- 1 long-sleeved layering shirt.
- 1 cropped sweater.
Is there a dress code on Viking River Cruises?
What is the dress code? During the day, dress is casual including shorts (if the season is warm), slacks or jeans and comfortable shoes for walking tours.