- 1 What is the best month to cruise the Danube?
- 2 How far is it from Amsterdam to Budapest by river?
- 3 How much does a Danube River cruise cost?
- 4 How much is a river cruise in Budapest?
- 5 What is the highest rated river cruise line?
- 6 Which is better Rhine or Danube cruise?
- 7 What river flows from Amsterdam to Budapest?
- 8 How many locks are there between Amsterdam and Budapest?
- 9 Does the Danube flow through Budapest?
- 10 Are river cruises worth the money?
- 11 Why are river cruises so expensive?
- 12 What is the best cruise line for your money?
- 13 Are river cruises boring?
- 14 How safe is Budapest?
- 15 What should we do in Budapest?
What is the best month to cruise the Danube?
The Danube River is a charming destination to visit at almost any time of the year, though most travel experts agree the that best times to take a Danube cruise are Spring (April and May) and Fall ( September and October).
How far is it from Amsterdam to Budapest by river?
713 miles / 1147.46 km / 619.58 nautical miles.
How much does a Danube River cruise cost?
Danube River Cruises
|Month||Number of Cruises||From Price|
|Nov 2021||99 cruises||$424|
|Dec 2021||102 cruises||$485|
|Jan 2022||2 cruises||$424|
|Mar 2022||50 cruises||$546|
How much is a river cruise in Budapest?
Budapest River Cruises: from 8 Euros to 88 Euros Tickets to the Budapest river cruises start from a simple Day Cruise boat ride with a welcome drink at 10 Euros, up to 88 Euros for VIP river cruises (e.g. the cruise -dinner-music-drink-fireworks Fireworks Budapest River Cruise on Aug 20).
What is the highest rated river cruise line?
Below, the reasons why, plus the full list of the best river cruise lines as voted by T+L readers.
- Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection.
- Aqua Expeditions.
- Delfin Amazon Cruises.
- Vantage Deluxe World Travel.
- AmaWaterways. Dining room on an AmaWaterways river cruise ship.
Which is better Rhine or Danube cruise?
While the Danube is a little more scenic than the Rhine, particularly along Austria’s Wachau Valley, both rivers have relatively flat bike paths that stretch for miles. Wine lovers will also enjoy both itineraries.
What river flows from Amsterdam to Budapest?
River Cruise Tours from Amsterdam to Budapest Enjoy an European river cruise on the Danube river that starts in Amsterdam and ends in Budapest. The capital of the Netherlands is a great starting point with plenty of canals to explore on your way to the Anne Frank House or to the Van Gogh museum.
How many locks are there between Amsterdam and Budapest?
The 68 River Locks from Budapest to Amsterdam.
Does the Danube flow through Budapest?
3, The river Danube is a truly international river, which flows through ten countries. Only about 10% of the waters of the river are going through Hungary (or Austria, or Serbia). 4, There are 4 famous cities (capital cities) in Europe where the river Danube runs through: Vienna, Bratislava, Budapest and Belgrade.
Are river cruises worth the money?
Most river cruises are not a good choice for families or for people who enjoy extensive on-board entertainment. The daily costs for these trips generally are higher than for ocean-going cruises, although that is not always the case.
Why are river cruises so expensive?
Since river ships aren’t buying cucumbers by the cargo container, costs like food and drink (a major component of cruise fares) are higher. Because most river ships are newer (many debuting between 2014 and 2017) than their ocean-going counterparts, they feature all the latest innovations and décor.
What is the best cruise line for your money?
Best Cruise Lines for the Money
- #1. Royal Caribbean International. #1 in Best Cruise Lines for the Money.
- #2. Celebrity Cruises. #2 in Best Cruise Lines for the Money.
- #3. Norwegian Cruise Line. #3 in Best Cruise Lines for the Money.
- #4. Princess Cruises.
- #5. Carnival Cruise Line.
- #6. Holland America Line.
- #7. MSC Cruises.
- #8. Costa Cruises.
Are river cruises boring?
The experience of a river cruise is very different from that of a land-based vacation or an ocean cruise but the majority of people won’t find river cruising boring. River cruises definitely aren’t for everybody.
How safe is Budapest?
Take sensible precautions against petty crime. Bag snatching and pick-pocketing are common, especially in Budapest. Be particularly careful on busy public transport, in train stations, at markets and at other places frequented by tourists. Theft of and from vehicles is common.
What should we do in Budapest?
Best things to do in Budapest
- Szimpla Kert. What is it?
- Fisherman’s Bastion. What is it?
- Szechenyi Spa Baths. What is it?
- Langosh. What is it?
- Great Market Hall. What is it?
- The Chain Bridge. What is it?
- The Shoes on the Danube Bank. What is it?
- Flippermúzeum. What is it?